Friday, February 3, 2017

Fast Food and your Blood Flow

I'm on a roll here, folks. Still talking about arteries!! They are important and should be treated with the highest respect. If they aren't open so that the blood can flow, then guess what!! No blood flow, we die!

Stop to think of this....

A single fast-food meal can stiffen your arteries within hours, cutting in half their ability to relax normally.... so they can pump your blood easily. By the time your fast food breakfast has digested, it's time for lunch.... back to the fast food place. Poor arteries!!

Animal fat used to get all the blame but there's a new culprit out there called 'endotoxins'. Meat harbors bacteria that can trigger inflammation. ( I sure want to dive into this 'inflammation' problem before too long but it will wait). Cooking does not get rid of them.These endotoxins may end up in your intestines and they are then carried with saturated fat into your bloodstream where they cause an inflammatory reaction in your arteries. In order for our blood to flow to essential organs, carrying nutrients and oxygen we need to keep these arteries clean of obstruction. We need for them to be healthy.

                                                  A Heart Healthy Recipe

I have made this recipe numerous times. I love it and it is so healthy. 



(Ideas and information taken from "How Not To Die" by Michael Greger.)

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE beets...LOVE THEM...LOVE THEM...so I may have to give this a try!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! Russell actually DOES like beets! These posts are wonderful, Mom...the whole blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could use honey or stevia for sweetener in the beet recipe.

      Delete
    2. I will try it with honey or stevia. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I mentioned your new blog in my post this morning! You have a lot of good information for us! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I am visiting from the link in Diane's blog. Just became a new follower! Great info here! Will be back when I can stay longer!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and for following. I'm just getting started and have so much to share with everyone.

      Delete