Did you know that the thing most lacking in our diet is fruits?
Yes, I know. The old adage "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" is an old wives tale. NOT
Here are ten fruit tips that will help you maintain a healthy lifestyle and you live longer.
1. Instead of drinking fruit juice, eat the fruit itself instead.
2. You need 3 (three) servings of fruit daily. 1 piece of fruit or 1 cup of cut-up fruit or 1/4 cup dried fruit.
3. Tart cherries are so anti-inflamatory they can be used to treat gout.
4. If you can't get fresh fruit use frozen instead.
5. Berries are the healthiest fruit. Blackberries are at the top of the list.
6. In a study done on 100,000 people those who ate berries regularly appeared less likely to die of cardiovascular disease. Daily you should get 1 serving of 1/2 cup fresh or frozen or 1/4 cup dried.
7. Eating a dozen dried apple rings per day may drop your LDL as much as 16% in 3 months time.
8. Eating 2 kiwis an hour before bedtime appears to improve your sleep and make it easier to fall asleep.
9. Get fruits by adding them to your smoothies.
10. The darker the color a fruit is, the more anti-oxidants they have and the more healthier they are.
So, stock up on fruit and eat some every day.