Thursday, March 23, 2017

My Tangy, Zippy Chicken Dinner

Dinner last night was sooooo good. And, so easy. I thought you might like to try it yourself. 




                                    First of all I made my Lime Oregano Chicken (recipe for 1)

1 piece boneless chicken breast (skinless)                           
2  1/2 tsp. lime juice (you could use lemon)
1  1/2 tsp. olive oil                                                                1/4 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp. oregano                                                                     salt and pepper
and if you like a little spice.... a small sprinkle of red pepper flakes

Stir the ingredients together. Pour over chicken and let it marinate for half an hour or longer if you like.  Place in oven and bake for 25 min. in a 375 degree oven or until tender.

While the chicken was cooking I cooked enough quinoa for just one serving. 
Closer to time chicken was done, I popped a 'steam in bag'  Southwestern blend of veggies (corn, black beans, peppers and onions) into the microwave. Done in 3 1/2 minutes.

I plated my food, sliced 1/2 avocado and place it on the side of my food. Added a few green olives ... for a bit of zip.... and drizzled the entire dinner with lime juice. 

                                                                    Oh My.... 

            11 grams of fat total, only 1 gram of saturated fat! - 467 calories -  1 gram of sugar

                    Talk about eating healthy.  I just gave myself a pat on the back, you all.  

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! Looks so good, also. I'm starting my 4th week of eating no sugar-no flour. I DO believe I am beginning to see some positive results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love chicken and avocado.
    Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete