Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Quinoa-Sweet Potato Salad

My, oh my.... what to fix for dinner? I was hungry for some quinoa and so I grabbed a bag of it out of the pantry, also a small sweet potato and I was in business.



Here are my ingredients for 2 servings: (a gals gotta have left-overs, right?)

                                                     Quinoa-Sweet Potato Salad

1/4 cup quinoa
2 green onions, sliced
2 T. sesame seeds, toasted  ( or you could use a small amount of pecans)
1/4 cup dried cranberries (or you could use raisins)
1 very small sweet potato (or 1/2 medium)

Dressing:
In a small bowl pour in 1/2 T. olive oil, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar,1/2 tsp honey, sprinkle of salt and pepper, 1/8 tsp. cumin and 1/8 tsp cinnamon.

Cook quinoa in 1/2 cup water according to directions. Let cool

While oven in preheating to 400 degrees, peel sweet potato, cut into cubes and toss with olive oil just to lightly coat.  Then bake for 25 minutes.

Put sesame seeds in a small non-stick pan and toast to light brown over medium heat. Watch carefully. These add such a nice nutty flavor to the salad.

Place all ingredients in bowl, stir in dressing. Enjoy

3 comments:

  1. Looks so good! What a clever recipe you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Latane, I will try this recipe as I have recently bought a package of quinoa and sweet potatoes are always in the pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed it ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete